Winters, the cool season, is around the corner. The seasonal changes are accompanied by longer hours of darkness&lower temperatures thus minimizing our social and physical activities. Here are a few simple winter self-care tips to protect your health in winters.
• Get good sleep, take naps when tired and keep yourself warm with extra clothing while sleeping. Adequate sleep helps boost the immunity that helps to avoid minor infections like cold & flu.
• Keep yourself warm, cover up your body with extra clothes. Woolen clothes, scarves, gloves, etc. can help in keeping your body warm.
• Have seasonal food rich in Vitamin A, C, D& E for good immunity. Add spices like ginger, garlic, turmeric to your daily diet.
• Moderate exercising can boost your blood circulation and energy level. It can help to keep your body warm.
• Winters can make your skin flaky & dry. Always keep your skin hydrated and moisturized. Avoid bathing with extremely hot water as it tends to take away natural moisturizers from the skin.
• Drink enough water though we tend to feel less thirsty in winters. Staying hydrated helps to maintain a balance between your intake and outtake.
• Wash your hands frequently to keep away from infections & viruses.
Stay Healthy, Stay Safe!!!