– Serving Size – 4
Preparation Time – 7 hrs
Cooking Time – 20 mins
Total Time – 7 hrs 20 mins
- – Ingredients for Siddu dough
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Finger Millet Flour (Ragi aata)
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 4 tbsp cow ghee
- Water to knead
- – For Stuffing
- 2 cup poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 cup finely chopped green garlic
- Finely chopped green chilies as per taste
- – Procedure
- Take wheat flour, finger millet flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Kneed the mixture with help of water. Cover the dough and leave it for overnight.
- For stuffing take 1 cup poppy seeds in pan and heat to with continuous stirring for 5-6 mins.
- Let it cool and then grind it in a mixer. Add rest of ingredients in it and keep it aside.
- Now to make Siddu make small balls of the dough ( as per your requirement) and then stuff it with the posth mixture.
- Take the steamer adds water in it and brings it to boil. Place the Siddu on the sieved container and cover it with tight lid. Steam it for 15-20 mins.
- Turn off the gas let the steamer cool for 5 mins.
- Serve Siddu with ghee or pudina chutney
– Nutritional Information
Ragi is high in protein. Low in fat and gluten free. Poppy seeds are good souce of Omega 6 fatty acids, protein and dietary fibers, vitamins and minerals.