Preparation time: 8 hrs
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 8hrs 15mins
Servings size: 2
1 cup Rajma (kidney beans)
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp green chilli paste
½ tbsp sugar
Salt as per taste
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
½ tbsp asafoetida (hing)
5/6 curry leaves
- Take one cup Rajma clean, wash and soak it overnight.
- Drain the remaining water from Rajma and blend it in a smooth batter.
- Add ginger paste, green chilli paste, sugar, and salt, in the Rajma batter and mix it properly.
- Take a thali and grease it with oil.
- Pour this batter in that thali and spread it evenly.
- Take the steamer add water in it and let it boil.
- Once boiled keep the thali in steamer and let it steam for 15 mins on medium flame
- After 15 mins turn off the gas and let it cool.
- Cut it into square pieces.
- Take a tadka pan. Heat the oil in it add mustard seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves in it and sauté on medium flame for few seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the prepared dhoklas and spread evenly.
- Serve the Rajma dhoklas with green chutney.
Kidney beans are rich in carbohydrate, fibre, potassium and proteins, iron and vitamin K. Vitamin K is important for blood coagulation.