Mushroom and Fenugreek Brown Rice
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- One cup finely chopped fenugreek (Methi) leaves.
- ½ cup sliced mushroom
- ½ cup brown rice
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped green chilies
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped brinjal
- ½ cup Vaal seeds
- ½ tbsp. chilli power
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in pressure cooker add green chillies, ginger, garlic, onion and sauté it properly on medium flame.
- Add mushroom, fenugreek leaves, tomato, brinjal, Vaal seeds, chili powder mix it properly and cook it on medium flame with occasional stirring.
- Once cooked add brown rice, salt and 2 cups of hot water.
- Pressure cook it for 3 whistles.
- Allow the pressure cooker to cool.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.
Nutritional Information: Brown rice and fenugreek leaves are good for Diabetics. Mushrooms are low in calories, rich in protein and antioxidants.