Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Serving size: 4
• 1 and ½ cup Basmati rice
• 3 tbsp. oil
• 2 to 3 Green Cardamom
• 1 piece of Cinnamon
• 3 to 4 pieces of Cloves
• 4 to 5 Black pepper
• 1 tbsp. Mustard seeds
• 1 tbsp. Cumin seeds
• 1 cup finely chopped Onion
• Curry Leaves
• 2 medium size finely chopped beet roots
• 2 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
• 2 finely chopped green chilli
• ½ cup coriander leaves finely chopped
• ½ tbsp. turmeric powder
• ½ tbsp. coriander powder
• Water as per requirement
• Salt as per taste
• Take the rice wash it properly with water and soak it for 25 to 30 mins.
• After 30 mins drain the water and keep it aside.
• Heat oil in pressure cooker. Then add all the whole spices in it and sauté it for 2 mins.
• Add curry leaves and chopped onion in it. Sauté it till onion becomes light golden.
• Add green chilli and garlic ginger paste in it and sauté it for 2 minutes.
• Now add finely chopped beetroot in it stir and sauté it for a minute.
• Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and mix it properly.
• Now add rice in it mix it properly and then add 2 to 3 cups of water the way you add for cooking normal rice.
• Pressure cook the rice for 2 to 3 whistle.
• Once the pressure settles down remove the lid garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
• Serve hot beetroot rice with raita.
Nutritional Information: Beetroots are packed with essential nutrients, are rich in fiber, manganese, potassium, iron. It improves blood flow, lowers blood pressure.