Preparation Time: 20mins
Cooking Time: 25mins
Total Time: 35mins
1 cup Rice Flour
½ cup Low-fat curd
2 tsp sesame seeds
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin (jeera) powder
1 tsp sunflower or any other healthy oil
A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
Water for kneading
Salt as per taste
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients properly. Knead a soft, smooth & moist dough and keep it aside for 20 mins.
- Place a baking paper on a baking tray and grease it with 1 tsp of oil.
- Add the kneaded dough of enough size to a chakli press machine and start making chaklis in spiral shape on the tray.
- Brush the chaklis with little bit of oil.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 180°C for 20 mins, till they turn golden
- Store the chaklis in an airtight container once they cool down.
Diwali diet plan will not be ruined and one can enjoy the low-fat chakli with the same taste & crispiness.